May 5, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
May 6, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The community assessment provides a foundation for all of a program’s planning. It is critical that key management team members have knowledge and skills that encompasses the specific regulatory requirements, process management, systemic techniques, and data gathering strategies, plus the skills required to analyze and properly utilize the assessment information for grant development and program planning.
Organizations and programs are required to align yearly plans for program services with analyzed data from the community. All five-year grants, continuation grants, and new grantee applications per the regulations are mandated in the program design and service delivery approaches area to include the data and results from the community assessment.
In this session HGJA team will outline the steps which will assist your program to produce a community assessment of value to your program and community. We will examine these steps from a management and team perspective. The institute will explore how to gather, organize, and prepare the assessment. We will also provide tools and techniques that will assist your team in its efforts to adequately plan and develop a data driven document which will be useful, informational and in line with regulations. In addition, we will examine the various management and service delivery systems to gain insight into how they are impacted by the community assessment. Strategies will guide teams to design their program with clear strategic goals identified from the analyzed assessment. The process will support teams to an effective review of the data related to their community’s current conditions, strengths, gaps and prioritizing needed services.
- Participants will learn and enhance their knowledge on the Community Assessment requirements of 45 CFR 1302.11
- Participants learn and enhance their knowledge on Community Assessment requirements of five-year plans
- Participants will learn how to ensure all regulatory data requirements are addressed, collected, and analyze critical data
- Participants will receive strategies how to design program options and content area services based on the needs analyzed from the Community Assessment
- Participants will be guided in the systemic and not silo approach in conducting as comprehensive Community Assessment
- Participants will learn the importance of a system and data driven update as mandated for the Community Assessment
- Participants will be guided in how to implement the regulations by training and involvement of the program governing body: Board and Policy Council
- Participants will be guided in using the community assessment data for program planning, content area plan development, and annual plan
- Participants will be shown the quality assurance and monitoring tools for ensuring completion of a Community Assessment that meets regulations and compliance
This Session/Training is Targeted for: Program Directors, Content Area Coordinators, Specialist, and Managers, Intake and Family Services staff and Partners
Agenda at a Glance
- Goals and Learning Objectives
- A Systems Approach
- The Basics – Regulations and Requirements
- Community Assessment Analysis
- Planning the Community Assessment Process
- Constructing the Community Assessment
- Strategies for Conducting the Community Assessment
- Using the Data for Decision Making
- Evaluating Your Process
- Planning for Improvement
- Final Questions/Evaluations/Wrap-Up
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your schedule training. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of five or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.
Venue: Virtual Online Training
Meeting connection link and information will be sent by email after registration.