- Day 1
July 13, 2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 2
July 14, 2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This training Bootcamp is designed to assist staff in local Head Start and Early Head Start programs to strengthen their skills and knowledge related to Eligibility and Admissions Compliance. This two day session will provide ideas, strategies, and solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with Federal, State, and local mandates. An emphasis will be placed on HGJA’s concepts and philosophies “based on” securing documentation from, the Head Start Act, Final Rule on Head Start Eligibility, Performance Standards, Informational Memorandum, Program Instructions, and other related requirements.
This important and beneficial training will include the most recent GAO Report findings related to Eligibility and Admissions Compliance. The regulations have identified findings related to significant fraud and improper payment risks directly effecting the success of Programs. HGJA will teach you how to avoid and overcome these obstacles by providing participants with the skills and proper insight to help effectively navigate these issues.
This training is targeted for: Executive Directors, Program Directors, Key Management Staff, Family Service Workers/Intake Staff, Child Care partners, and other Key Community Partners
The training will focus on:
- Trends Impacting Eligibility and Admissions Compliance
- A Systems Approach to Strengthening Eligibility Processes
- Key Definitions that support Eligibility Comprehension
- Understanding the Regulations related to Eligibility
- Hands-On, “Real World” Activities to Strengthen Intake Processes
- Proof of Residency, Age, and Income Documentation
- Leadership and Management Responsibility for Monitoring, Minimizing Risk, and Overall Compliance
- Eligibility and Admissions Pre-Quiz
- Taking a Historical Look at Head Start Eligibility and Admissions Compliance
- A Systems Approach to Strengthening Eligibility and Admissions
- Examining Current Eligibility and Admissions Problems/Challenges including most recent GAO Report, Kinship Care, Public Assistance, Foster Care, and Homelessness
- Discussing Key Definitions that Supports Eligibility Compliance
- Understanding the Regulations Related to Eligibility Compliance
- Determining, Verifying and Documenting Eligibility and Admissions Requirements
- Hands-On “Real World” Activities on Strengthen Current Eligibility Intake Processes
- Examining Key Case Studies to Support Eligibility and Admissions Comprehension
- Explore Leadership and Management Responsibility for Monitoring, Minimizing Risk, and Compliance
- Developing Your “Back Home” Eligibility Plans
- Eligibility and Admissions Post-Quiz
Participants must arrange their own travel and lodging. H.G. Jones & Associates recommends the following hotel locations that are convenient for getting to our office.
The Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel / Chicago Loop / 171 W. Randolph Street / Chicago, IL 60601 / 312-236-0123
La Quinta Hotel / Chicago Loop / 1 South Franklin / Chicago, IL 60606 / 855-213-8441
The Hyatt Place / River North / 66 West Illinois Street / Chicago, IL 60654 / 312-755-1600
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your scheduled Summit; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of five or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.