- March 9, 2020 - March 10, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This two-day training session will provide ideas, strategies, and solutions for program staff to ensure ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local mandates. Emphasis will be placed on HGJA’s concept and philosophy “based on” securing documentation such as the Head Start Act, Final Rule on Head Start Eligibility, performance standards, informational memorandum, program instructions, and other related requirements to support the agencies policies related to Eligibility and Admissions Compliance including the most recent GAO (findings mitigating significant fraud and improper payment risks).
This training is targeted for: Executive Directors, Program Directors, Key Management Staff, Family Service Workers/Intake Staff, Child Care partners, and other Key Community Partners
- The training will focus on:
- Trends Impacting Eligibility and Admissions Compliance
- A Systems Approach to Strengthening Eligibility Processes
- Key Definitions that support Eligibility Comprehension
- Understanding the Regulations related to Eligibility
- Hands-On, “Real World” Activities to Strengthen Intake Processes
- Proof of Residency, Age, and Income Documentation
- Leadership and Management Responsibility for Monitoring, Minimizing Risk, and Overall Compliance
- Eligibility and Admissions Pre-Quiz
- Taking a Historical Look at Head Start Eligibility and Admissions Compliance
- A Systems Approach to Strengthening Eligibility and Admissions
- Examining Current Eligibility and Admissions Problems/Challenges including most recent GAO Report, Kinship Care, Public Assistance, Foster Care, and Homelessness
- Discussing Key Definitions that Supports Eligibility Compliance
- Understanding the Regulations Related to Eligibility Compliance
- Determining, Verifying and Documenting Eligibility and Admissions Requirements
- Hands-On “Real World” Activities on Strengthen Current Eligibility Intake Processes
- Examining Key Case Studies to Support Eligibility and Admissions Comprehension
- Explore Leadership and Management Responsibility for Monitoring, Minimizing Risk, and Compliance
- Developing Your “Back Home” Eligibility Plans
Participants must arrange their own travel and lodging.
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right 2 make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited 2 the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up 2 ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made 4 cancellations made less than ten business days prior 2 your scheduled Summit; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of five or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.