March 20, 2018 - March 21, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
As a professional in the Head Start or childcare community, you know – even if you are new to the program – that programs must meet and maintain full enrollment. This is not an option; it is absolutely mandatory, and with good reason. Preschool Head Start costs average $7,300 per child and family.
This training is designed to strengthen participants knowledge and skills that are required for meeting the requirements outlined in Part 1302 of the federal regulations regarding eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance (ERSEA) in Head Start. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the ERSEA regulations as well as the impact of the Head Start Act on eligibility and accessibility issues such as in the cases of Homeless and Over Income families.
Activities for small and large groups facilitate key learning objectives and include:
- An introduction to a systems approach to understanding the ERSEA process
- A detailed review of federal regulations including: the Head Start Act, Program Instructions, Information
- Memoranda, and Policy Clarifications
- Hands-on assignments to stimulate new ideas and strategies for implementing ERSEA processes
- Opportunities for detailed question and answer
This training is targeted for: Program Directors, Content Area Managers, Family Services Staff, Policy Council, Program Parents, Child Care Partners, and Other Key Community Partners
- Begin to develop a systems outlook and approach to ERSEA
- Understand the basic requirements of the community assessment
- Understand the regulations governing ERSEA
- Be able to calculate family income and determine family size
- Be able to transfer their knowledge to others in their program
Participants receive a comprehensive manual designed especially for Level One. This Tool Kit will help program professionals better understand the fundamental requirements of Part 1302 and includes:
- Concepts and ideas that provide clarification of the regulations
- Key definitions vital to understanding ERSEA processes
- Small and large group team assignments
- Appendices and references that further support the requirements and ideas for implementation
Agenda at a Glance
– Systems approach to ERSEA
– Understanding community assessment requirements
– Understanding age and family income requirements
– Day Two
– Understanding recruitment of children requirements
– Understanding selection requirements
– Understanding enrollment and re-enrollment requirements
– Understanding attendance, policy on fees and overall compliance requirements
– Wrap-up and evaluation
Participants must arrange their own travel and lodging.
We have arranged special room rates for Institute training attendees. When you contact the hotel, be sure to identify yourself as an H.G. Jones & Associates Institute training attendee to receive the proper rate. Rooms will be available at the special rate until the Early Bird date or until the block we’ve reserved fills up, whichever comes first. Reservations made after that time will be accepted on a space and rate available basis by the hotels. Cancellation and payment policies vary among hotels. Be sure to inquire about your hotels policies.
Holiday Inn-Mart Plaza
Contact: Luis Diaz
350 West Mart Center Drive
Chicago, IL 60654
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your scheduled Summit ; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of three or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.
Venue: H.G. Jones Institute
Venue Phone: 312-263-0960
Venue Website: https://hgja.comAddress: