March 12, 2019 - March 13, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
As a professional in the Head Start or childcare community, you know – even if you are new to the program – that programs must meet and maintain full enrollment. This is not an option; it is absolutely mandatory, and with good reason. Preschool Head Start costs average $7,300 per child and family.
This training is designed to strengthen participants knowledge and skills that are required for meeting the requirements outlined in Part 1302 of the federal regulations regarding eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance (ERSEA) in Head Start. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the ERSEA regulations as well as the impact of the Head Start Act on eligibility and accessibility issues such as in the cases of Homeless and Over Income families.
Activities for small and large groups facilitate key learning objectives and include:
- An introduction to a systems approach to understanding the ERSEA process
- A detailed review of federal regulations including: the Head Start Act, Program Instructions, Information
- Memoranda, and Policy Clarifications
- Hands-on assignments to stimulate new ideas and strategies for implementing ERSEA processes
- Opportunities for detailed question and answer
This training is targeted for: Program Directors, Content Area Managers, Family Services Staff, Policy Council, Program Parents, Child Care Partners, and Other Key Community Partners
- Begin to develop a systems outlook and approach to ERSEA
- Understand the basic requirements of the community assessment
- Understand the regulations governing ERSEA
- Be able to calculate family income and determine family size
- Be able to transfer their knowledge to others in their program
Participants receive a comprehensive manual designed especially for Level One. This Tool Kit will help program professionals better understand the fundamental requirements of Part 1302 and includes:
- Concepts and ideas that provide clarification of the regulations
- Key definitions vital to understanding ERSEA processes
- Small and large group team assignments
- Appendices and references that further support the requirements and ideas for implementation
Agenda at a Glance
– Systems approach to ERSEA
– Understanding community assessment requirements
– Understanding age and family income requirements
– Day Two
– Understanding recruitment of children requirements
– Understanding selection requirements
– Understanding enrollment and re-enrollment requirements
– Understanding attendance, policy on fees and overall compliance requirements
– Wrap-up and evaluation
Participants must arrange their own travel and lodging.
H.G. Jones Institute has partnered exclusively with the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza to provide special room rates for training class attendees and organizations utilizing the Institute’s training space.
The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza is a full service hotel featuring an atrium lobby starting on the 15th floor offering amazing views of the city, an extensive fitness center and sunlight filled indoor heated pool for lap and entertainment swimming. Two onsite restaurants – one of which overlooks the 3 branches of the Chicago River coming together – with the H.G. Jones Building in clear view! Best of all, H.G. Jones is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.
The H.G. Jones Rate includes:
IHG Rewards Guest Loyalty Program (https://www.IHGRewards.com)
Special standard cancellation period of 4:00pm / 24 Hours (Central Time, United States), prior to date of arrival
No pre-payment nor deposit is required with valid credit card guarantee
Business Center utilization with computer workstations and printing
Fitness Center with sauna and heated indoor heated pool
Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet Access
Please book early to ensure availability and the best rates. Rates are subject to room and rate availability, which are not guaranteed until a reservation is confirmed. Do be sure to book one of the H.G. Jones Rates, not a pre-paid/non-refundable rate. Rates are exclusive of sales and occupancy taxes.
To Make Your Reservation
Online: click here and the H.G. Jones discount will automatically be returned.
Phone: dial 1 (855) 268-0372 and request “H.G. Jones Corporate Rate”
(United States & Canada – Click This Link For All IHG Worldwide Reservation Phone Numbers)
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 W. Mart Center Drive
Chicago, IL 60654
Main Telephone: 1 (312) 836-5000
Guest Fax: 1 (312) 222-9508
Walking Directions to H.G. Jones & Associates
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your scheduled Summit ; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of three or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.