September 24, 2024
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
September 25, 2024
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
As a Head Start or childcare community professional, you know that programs must meet and maintain full enrollment. This is not an option; it is mandatory and with good reason. Preschool Head Start costs an average of $7,300 per child and family.
This training is designed to strengthen participant’s knowledge and skills for meeting the requirements outlined in Part 1302 of the federal regulations regarding eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance (ERSEA) in Head Start. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the ERSEA regulations and the impact of the Head Start Act on eligibility and accessibility issues, such as in the cases of homeless and over-income families.
Activities for small and large groups facilitate key learning objectives and include:
- An introduction to a systems approach to understanding the ERSEA process.
- A detailed review of federal regulations, including the Head Start Act, Program Instructions, and Information.
- Memoranda and Policy Clarifications.
- Hands-on assignments to stimulate new ideas and strategies for implementing ERSEA processes.
- Opportunities for detailed question-and-answer
This training is targeted for: Program Directors, Content Area Managers, Family Services Staff, Policy Council, Program Parents, Childcare Partners, and Other Key Community Partners
- Begin to develop a systems outlook and approach to ERSEA.
- Understand the basic requirements of the community assessment.
- Understand the regulations governing ERSEA.
- Be able to calculate family income and determine family size.
- Be able to transfer their knowledge to others in their program.
Participants receive a comprehensive manual designed especially for Level One. This Tool Kit will help program professionals better understand the fundamental requirements of Part 1302 and includes:
- Concepts and ideas that provide clarification of the regulations.
- Key definitions vital to understanding ERSEA processes.
- Small and large group team assignments
- Appendices and references that further support the requirements and ideas for implementation.
Agenda at a Glance
– Systems approach to ERSEA
– Understanding community assessment requirements
– Understanding age and family income requirements
– Day Two
– Understanding recruitment of children requirements
– Understanding selection requirements
– Understanding enrollment and re-enrollment requirements
– Understanding attendance, policy on fees, and overall compliance requirements
– Wrap-up and evaluation
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to change the training or cancel an activity if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days before your scheduled Summit; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of five or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline, or Regular rates will apply.