March 9, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
March 10, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
In all Head Start programs, emphasis is understandably placed on fulfilling our charter to meet the requirements of Part 1302 of the regulations that guide early childhood development and health services, family and community partnerships, and program design and management. As a result of that strong focus, however, many programs overlook or minimize the importance of Part 1302 of the regulations, which defines who should receive services in communities and how grantees should identify and reach them in fulfillment of grant commitments.
This training builds on the basics established in Level One. It develops a further understanding of the regulations, provides ideas for implementation, and places an emphasis on systems management. Level Two focuses on best practices in implementation and management that make ERSEA processes successful, such as:
- Using a team approach to ERSEA design and execution
- Defining ongoing roles and responsibilities
- Using key agency assets in ERSEA, including the community assessment, strategic plan, self assessment, program
- information report, service delivery plans, and selection criteria
- Developing agency work plans for implementation
This training is targeted for: ERSEA Team Members, Policy Council, Program Managers, and Key Management Team Members
- Have a plan to use a team approach to ERSEA design and management
- Have an in-depth analysis of its ERSEA processes and an outline of possible solutions to important issues
- Have an outline for the development of a comprehensive ERSEA plan
- Have strategies for resolving ERSEA issues in the future
Level Two includes a comprehensive manual designed to help your program to implement the knowledge and skills learned during the training. The Tool Kit helps program professionals implement the requirements of Part 1302 and includes:
- Easy-to-use guides for analyzing your community assessment, establishing recruitment targets, and developing selection criteria
- Detailed implementation strategies for complying with ERSEA regulations
- Best practices for meeting and maintaining funded enrollment levels
- Using a team approach to work plan development
- Appendices and references that further support the requirements and ideas for implementation
Participants must arrange their own travel and lodging.
H.G. Jones Institute has partnered exclusively with the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza to provide special room rates for training class attendees and organizations utilizing the Institute’s training space.
The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza is a full service hotel featuring an atrium lobby starting on the 15th floor offering amazing views of the city, an extensive fitness center and sunlight filled indoor heated pool for lap and entertainment swimming. Two onsite restaurants – one of which overlooks the 3 branches of the Chicago River coming together – with the H.G. Jones Building in clear view! Best of all, H.G. Jones is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.
The H.G. Jones Rate includes:
IHG Rewards Guest Loyalty Program
Special standard cancellation period of 4:00pm / 24 Hours (Central Time, United States), prior to date of arrival
No pre-payment nor deposit is required with valid credit card guarantee
Business Center utilization with computer workstations and printing
Fitness Center with sauna and heated indoor heated pool
Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet Access
Please book early to ensure availability and the best rates. Rates are subject to room and rate availability, which are not guaranteed until a reservation is confirmed. Do be sure to book one of the H.G. Jones Rates, not a pre-paid/non-refundable rate. Rates are exclusive of sales and occupancy taxes.
To Make Your Reservation
Online: click here and the H.G. Jones discount will automatically be returned.
Phone: dial 1 (855) 268-0372 and request “H.G. Jones Corporate Rate”
(United States & Canada – Click This Link For All IHG Worldwide Reservation Phone Numbers)
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 W. Mart Center Drive
Chicago, IL 60654
Main Telephone: 1 (312) 836-5000
Guest Fax: 1 (312) 222-9508
Walking Directions to H.G. Jones & Associates
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your scheduled Summit; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of three or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.
Venue: Virtual Online Training
Meeting connection link and information will be sent by email after registration.