June 8, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
June 9, 2021
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Additionally, some programs fail to take a team approach to setting realistic goals, objectives, and activities that compound this error by their failure to successfully assess current ERSEA processes, train staff and other key stakeholders and manage risk related to ERSEA implementation. Fortunately, the problems that exist are solvable and this training can assist key staff and partners in a process that will radically improve local head start and early head programs management performance related to ERSEA.
This session will strengthen participants knowledge and skills that are necessary for meeting the requirements outlined in Part 1302 of the federal regulations regarding Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA). Participants will explore new ideas, strategies, solution and best practices related to effectively leading, managing, and implementing ERSEA processes successful. Ultimately, the session will assist programs to better understand that ERSEA means access to services not service delivery.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Taking a Historical look at ERSEA including recent GAO Reports related to Suspected Fraud in Head Start
- Reviewing key ERSEA requirements and standards in order to meet ERSEA compliance including policy clarifications
- Discussion of Real World Issues/Challenges related to ERSEA
- Defining and Clarifying the roles and responsibilities of all key stakeholders
- Revisiting systems approach to leading and managing the ERSEA process taking into consideration budgetary and fiscal impacts
- Reviewing ERSEA Plans, Policies, Procedures and Process and the overall ERSEA Portfolio
- Prepare for ERSEA Re-Certification Exam
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Participants will be able to use a systems approach and integrate ERSEA into its overall program planning activities
- Participants will revisit a systems outlook and approach to ERSEA
- Participants will be able to use their knowledge of the regulations to make quality decisions for enhancing current ERSEA plans, policies, procedures, and process
- Participants will be able to transfer their knowledge to support other key staff and partners
- Participants will identify roles and responsibilities for governing bodies, program managers, the ERSEA team and partners
- Participants will have holistic perspective of ERSEA including strengthening accountability measures
This Session/Training is Targeted for: Program Directors, Content Area Coordinators, Specialist, and Managers, Intake and Family Services staff and Partners
Agenda at a Glance
– Welcome and Overview of the ERSEA Re-Certification Process
– Historical Overview of ERSEA-GAO, OIG, Findings, and Reports
– Identifying Current ERSEA Trends & Updates
– Best Practices: Taking a Systematic Approach to Strengthening Leadership and Management of ERSEA
– Reviewing Current ERSEA Regulations including HHS/OHS Policies and Guidance Related to Compliance
– Exploring the 2007 Head Start Act related to the ERSEA System
– Exploring Real World Challenges and Issues Related to ERSEA Compliance-Question and Answer: Current Regulations and HS Act 2007
– ERSEA Portfolio: How has your organization enhanced your ERSEA systems, plans, processes, policies, and procedures?
– Team & Individual Study
– Re-Certification Exam
– Evaluations & Closing
Changes, Cancellations and Substitutions
HGJA reserves the right to make changes in the training or cancel a training if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Registrants will be contacted in the event of a cancellation. HGJA’s liability will be limited to the refund of the training registration fee only. Cancellations can be made up to ten business days before your scheduled training: your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than ten business days prior to your scheduled Summit; however, you may send a substitute. All cancellation and substitution requests must be received in writing.
Teams of five or more must register and send payment by the Early Bird Deadline or Regular rates will apply.
Venue: Virtual Online Training
Meeting connection link and information will be sent by email after registration.